Spurred on by the loss of the cool race car pawns at TheGameCrafter.com — they were discontinued by the manufacturer, and TGC is running out of stock now — I have decided to give a full updated to Dicey Curves.
I’m not overly thrilled with the only other car pawn available at TGC, but the site is perfect for everything else I want in the game. Plus, they’ve hinted that they will have a new type of car available soon — I’m hoping it’s a new type of cool race car. So, we’ll see how that goes.
In any case, this full update should include the following …
- New 4×8-inch Track mats (instead of poker cards), featuring new art
- New Car Pawns (hopefully something sporty and not the sedans)
- Full-sized Dice (16mm instead of the 12mm with the original game)
- Two Different Types of Control Tokens (different tokens for “Gas” and “Tires” to give you more dice or let you set the value of a die, respectively) … which means some slight rules tweaks
- New Rules Booklet
- New Box (the Medium Pro Box, which is fully wrapped)
I am also considering including the DANGER! Expansion in this new box with the base game. But I need to see how I would go about making the expansion work with the new track mats, since it’s mainly a deck of cards that were designed to work with a card-based track. So, if I can find a way for it to work, it’ll be included as well.
As for those new track mats … I have designed the first set of prototype tracks to test out. (These are just for test playing to make sure they work and are NOT the final art.) I will take them for a spin with the bigger (uglier) car pawns and see how everything works. Here’s how they look so far:
This should be a fun month or two of getting things tested out and re-worked. So … at this point, I’m expecting to have it available via the TGC shop in January.