Accolades for Matt Worden Games …
Nothing is better for an indie game designer than to have one of your games enjoyed enough for it to get some sort of public stamp of approval. This page will be a collection of official awards and other recognitions given to my games.
Cyrus Kirby is the owner/operator, editor in chief, and main board game reviewer at FatherGeek.com. He has reviewed a number of my games over the past couple of years and has found some worthy of his “Father Geek Approved” stamp:
- Dicey Curves: Road Rally Review
- Days of Discovery Review
- Jump Gate Review
- And while he really enjoyed Dicey Curves, it was the DANGER! Expansion that put the game over the top for him … Dicey Curves: DANGER! Review
Toward the end of each year, GAMES Magazine used to publish their “GAMES 100” — a list of the best 100 game of the year. I have had four games honored by them. Sadly, they no longer review games.
- Jump Gate was GAMES Magazine’s 2011 Traditional Game of the Year
- Dicey Curves made the 2013 list as a nominee in the Family Games section
- Subtilla and Blaster Waves both made the 2014 Top 100 list
GAMA Origins Awards
Every year at the Origins game convention, a series of awards are given out. Space Mission was a 2011 nominee in the “Best Family, Party or Children’s Game” category. Dicey Curves made the shortlist in the same category.
Family Review Center
The Family Gamers
TheFamilyGamers.com is a website for a group of podcasters and game reviewers focused on family-friendly gaming content across a number of platforms, including tabletop games. Santa’s Little Helpers and the Ice Cube Jam made their 2016 Game Shopping guide as a stocking-stuffer option in their “games for older kids” section.